And that is a good thing! In order to love others completely you must have self love! And take care of yourself first and foremost! Wait, you don’t do that! And you want to know how do you do that in this fast paced world we live in?
Well, there are a lot of ways to take care of yourself, all depends on what you like!
- Unplug and read a book. I mean an actual paperback book! This gets you away from all of the technology that is always in our faces. Reading keeps your mind nice and sharp too, double whammy! And to make it about self care, read while taking a nice lavender epsom salt bath! With amazing candles lite around you!
- 2. Get out in nature! Taking a walk or hiking in the woods and just being! What an amazing feeling. It allows you to clear your head of the day and unwind. And what could be better than that?
- 3. Take a drive and ‘get lost’! Turn of the GPS after taking a few wrong turns! Don’t worry you can turn it on to get you back, but just for a little bit go somewhere you have never been! You might find a great little town with some cute local shops and restaurants! Make life an adventure always!
- 4. If you have been following me you know I am big on meditation! Reconnecting with yourself and the ‘bigger’ than us. You may call it God, Buddha, Spirit, Goddess, but whatever name you use, reconnect! It is our higher power that helps carry us through life’s ups and downs!
- 5. I love to bake. It actually is a stress reliever! I used to bake all the time with my mom growing up, she taught me everything she knows! Cookies, pies, bread…so many memories! Maybe that is why I like it so much, it brings me to a happy place! Find your happy place, and go there! When you are happy, you radiate it to the world and in-turn, make others happy too!
- 6. Don’t forget to take a break. No matter how short. Look up from the computer every now and then. Get up and stretch, grab yourself a cup of tea or glass of water. Taking a break every now and then centers you back to you! Take a few cleansing breaths before getting back to the task at hand!
And lastly don’t ever feel guilty about taking care of you first! You are important. Your sanity is important! Your life is calling you, but it needs you to love and take care of yourself in order to shine! Now go grab a book and take a nice hot bath and RELAX a bit! You deserve it!