I sit here on a very early morning with the sun coming up, the birds chirping and a woodpecker over in the woods knocking away as he looks for his morning breakfast. Peace and quiet except for the universe and it’s beautiful morning noises. Although I sit here with my computer, I wanted to talk about how important it is to be alone with yourself, at least for a few minutes everyday. When you are with yourself it gives you time to clear your head, listen to your trifecta (heart, mind and soul) and reconnect with the most important person…yourself!
Let me give you some tips on how you can make time for yourself in this crazy rat race we live in:
- Talk a walk on your lunch break, by yourself! You can focus on your breath, connect with your trifecta and think about all you can do to change where you are now and what you want to do in order to live your truth. In just 10 -20 minutes you will be amazed at all the things you can come up with. Bring your phone along with you ONLY to take voice notes! Don’t listen to music or podcasts, as inspiring as they maybe, they will only distract you! Save that for your ride into or from work!
- Take lunch by yourself, go outside or drive to a local park where you can be alone and think. Use your phone, again only for voice notes, or bring a journal that you can keep all your thoughts in (call me old fashioned but, I love journals. I can easily flip through them and check off what I have done, more on journals later).
- Get up early before everyone else and spend sometime outside. Take your journal to jot down your thoughts.
- Stay up a little later than everyone, enjoy a glass of wine and some alone time with your journal!
- Meditate to completely clear all thoughts and worries away. I love to meditate and usually meditate before bed or when I wake up in the middle of the night (it happens ALOT). It rids my head from all the worries of the day and let’s me rest the worries that are already there for the next day ahead. I am a constant worrier! Something I work on all the time, but unfortunately it is in my DNA!
These are just a few tips to get you to start listening to your truth and thinking about exactly how you will begin to take action and live it! Have a beautiful day my friends